Updated 6th December 2020
This website is operated by Emilian Ltd. Langnau am Albis.
The content of this website is intended for information purposes only. Any liability for potential damages resulting from the use of this website or the information provided on this website is excluded. In particular, we do not assume any liability for the timeliness, completeness or accuracy of the information provided. Any liability for links to websites of third parties and the content of such third party websites is also excluded.
Neither the transmission of information from this website nor the retrieval of such information does establish a contractual relationship between the recipient and Emilian Ltd.
Unless indicated otherwise, Emilian Ltd retains all rights in all content (pictures, text, trademarks, etc.) on this website. The use of the content without prior express approval by Emilian Ltd is prohibited. Automated retrieval or representation of the content or parts of the content on this website by technical means is also prohibited.
1. Who we are
Emilian Ltd, Langnau am Albis, Spinnereistrasse 12, 8135 Langnau am Albis, is responsible for your personal information provided to us or collected by us during the course of our business.
2. Personal data we process
Personal data we process about you includes:
- your name and contact details (for example name, address, phone number or email address), company name (if any), and other basic information;
- information provided to us by or on behalf of you or generated by us in the course or providing services to our partners or interested third parties;
- information in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically, for example your use of marketing e-mails;
- information provided to us in relation to your investments;
- data provided to us in the context of surveys;
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
We collect this information when you interact with us, for example when you communicate with our staff, sign up to receive information by e-mail, or participate at meeting, seminar or other event. We also collect or generate personal data in the course of providing services to our partners and interested third parties, and we may collect personal data from other sources for example to keep your information up to date using publicly available sources.
3. How we process your personal data
We process your personal data:
- to communicate with you;
- to improve our services provided to you, our partners and other interested third parties;
- to administer our relationship with you, with our partners or other interested third parties;
- to provide and improve our websites, including monitoring and evaluating its use (see sec. 4 below for additional information);
- to promote our services, including by sending publications, alerts, updates, event invitations etc.;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
We process personal data for these purposes on the following basis: that it is necessary for us to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide services; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings; to comply with legal and regulatory obligations; for legitimate interests including the interests set out above; and/or based on consent.
We use various technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
4. Use of our websites; communication
We automatically collect and store for a limited time log data and device information when you access and use of our websites (including emilian.io). That information includes, among other things, details about how you use our website, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information and similar information. We process that data on the basis that it is required for us to operate, maintain and improve our websites.
Our websites use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google LLC, USA that tracks and reports on the manner in which our websites are used. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called “cookies” on your computer or other device. Cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the websites, the pages visited and the time spent on the websites. This information is aggregated and not personally identifiable. This integration of Google Analytics generally anonymizes IP addresses by shortening within the EU/EEA. Google is registered under the US-Swiss and the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We may use your name and e-mail address(es) to send you publications, alerts, updates, event invitations and other information by e-mail, but will ask for consent first unless we have obtained your contact details from you in the context of our services and you have not opted out from receiving such marketing communications. If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the link included in these e-mails. Note that we use personal data to understand if you read our e-mails or click on links included in them.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as translation and document review;
- IT service providers;
- third parties engaged in the course of the services we provide to our partners and other interested third parties, for example insurance service providers;
- our auditors;
Wecurrently share personal data with the following trusted third parties:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc., 410 TerryAvenue North, 98109-5210 Seattle, USA;
- Integromat s.r.o., Novakovych 1954/20a, 180 00 Prague 8, Czech Republic;
- Google LLC, 1600 AmphitheatreParkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;
- OutSystems Germany GmbH, Tower 185 - Excellent Business Center,Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany;
- Tensorflight, ul. Mikołaja Kopernika 32/12, 00-336, Poland;
- Typeform SL, Carrer Bac de Roda, 163,08018 Barcelona, Spain;
- Webflow, Inc., 398 11th Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
6. Countries we transfer your personal data to
We may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as Swiss law. We will usually do so on the basis that such a transfer is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the data subject(s), for an agreement or performance of an agreement concluded in the interest of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
7. How we retain your personal data
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, and as long as we have a legitimate interest in keeping personal data, for example to enforce or defend claims or for archiving purposes and IT security. We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
8. Your rights
You are entitled to ask for details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it and to receive a copy of your personal data. You may also have your data rectified or deleted, restrict our processing of that information, and object to the processing of your personal data. You may also choose to withdraw your consent.
Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law. You may also lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with a local supervisory authority, in Switzerland with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
8135 Langnau am Albis